When the weather starts getting cold the posters for yoga retreats just seem to be all I can see when I walk into a yoga studio. My heart skips a beat thinking about leaving on a jet plane with a suitcase full of yoga clothing.
Top 5 Reasons to go on a yoga retreat:
- You Deserve It: You put a lot into your life: work, family, relationships, friends and health. We all live very busy lives and sometimes we forget to stop and hit the pause button so we can create gaps to create. This creative time is necessary to cultivate our true self, an important decision on your personal evolution. We also come back inspired and ready to inspire others.
- Rest: When you get to surrender all the every day stuff like commuting and work you will be able to focus on letting go and relaxing. A retreat schedule is all about yoga, relaxing and eating healthy delicious food. You get to let go for the time you are there. Your biggest worry might be if you can fit another nap in your day. You will be able to contemplate, go for walks, recalibrate yourself and recharge. Who doesn’t need that?
- Gain Some New Perspectives: Changing your routine and surroundings will give you a new perspective on things you are working through or if you are stuck in your personal life, your goals or work like. A little change of scenery is good for everyone.
- Deepen Your Practice or Start a Daily Yoga Practice: When you get off the plane you will literally eat, sleep and dream yoga. Most retreats have two classes a day with optional meditation and restorative yoga. Whether you are starting a daily practice and life just seems to get in the way or you are really good at finding other reasons to roll out your mat, a committed week will shake things up.
- Community: Retreats help us immerse ourselves in the practice of yoga, surrounded by others on the same path. This is one of the most important anchors for maintaining and deepening our practice. It is inspiring and uplifting to be surrounded by other yogis around the world rolling out their mat everyday beside you. Being in a group is sometimes the perfect mirror we need to remember that we are all connected. We can get light bulb moments when we realize someone else is going through the same thing as you and learn new ways to deal with things. The bonus you will forge friendships from people you might have not met in your daily life.
BIG NEWS: I am so excited to be heading out to Costa Rica to assist the Octopus Garden Holistic Yoga Centre‘s Yoga Retreat, March 2-9th at the Blue Spirit Retreat Centre. You should come…remember all you have to pack your yoga clothes and a spirit for adventure.
To view original post, click here!